Wednesday, January 02, 2008

This is where I rang in the new year.

from a professional.
my own pictures.




It was fun. If you see a clown in a bright orange hat in these videos, it's me. 11 auspicious people rang the bell in Boshingak gate 33 times to ring in the new year. It was great being part of the ridonkulous crowd.



The white buses you see are full of riot police. You know, just in case.



Technically, you weren't allowed to sell or shoot fireworks, because people were injured last year (alcohol and explosives don't mix, friends. Don't try this at home.) But I guess the riot police decided it wasn't worth getting out the truncheons to stop people from shooting them in the air.

Either that, or they were busy sipping instant coffee in paper cups, 'cos it was FRIGGIN COLD!






I don't know if you can read the English on this can, but the prose always gave me a kick. I was so disappointed when they redesigned the can without silly words on it.
Even nice places have Konglish on the menus.
The lips stuff again. Not many teeth there.



Painting stripes on the road.
Poorly.


Happy new year and stuff.

No comments: