Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Lights: Chunggyecheon, City Hall, Lotte and Shinsegye Dept Stores

I went to Gwanghwamun, City Hall, Lotte Department Store, and Shinsegye Department Store, and took some film of the Christmas lights on display there.

Unfortunately, the new video camera stores photos in a format that is incompatible with iPhoto.  Yep. That's what I said.  Good ol' Mr. Steve Jobs has created some of the best video and photo editing, organizing and storing programs out there, that are easy to use and all... and then picked a few arbitrary video and photo formats that won't work with them.

Yeah, I can buy the decoder program... but I'm pretty choked that I have to, especially when it's a flippin' CANON video camera - we're not talking about some obscure company from Whoknowswherezystan.  Get with the stinking program, Mr. Jobs.

Anyway, without photos, but WITH video (already bought THAT converter)...I give you Christmas lights, 2010.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the file format?

Roboseyo said...

the camera's a canon vixia hf20; it's a great camera. I know the video files are .mts (one of my computers recognizes that, one doesn't; I may have already installed a conversion program on the one that does), and I think the photo files are .cpi. I'll check to be sure when I get home.

Anonymous said...

I thought it might be the .mts file type. I think there's no excuse for not supporting it these days... it's become pretty common.