Saturday, December 18, 2010

Do You Know who Knows it's Christmas

So I just read about the Band Aid recording of "Do They Know it's Christmas" and watched the video..

it was all recorded in one night, and you're free to your opinion on the song (I'm not wild about it) but...

1. so much feathered hair
2. so many famous singers without stage makeup, in a badly lit studio
3. a fun game of spot the '80s star (looking awful)
4. a fun game of "do you remember who that is?" - exacerbated by the fact many of these singers aren't there intheir usual band costumes, or with their bandmates.

so...
Do They Know it's Christmas?


more of my rantings on Christmas music, with links to the rest of my christmas rantings, here.

and if there were a new "Band Aid" recording, organized by Oprah Winfrey (who else would have the pull to get ANY band involved), who would be in YOUR starting lineup?

Answer in the comments.

4 comments:

The Sanity Inspector said...

I'm old enough to remember Live Aid, and I'll assert that Do They Know It's Christmas was far superior to the sappy We Are The World. The whole thing turned out to be a rock star ego massage, as the event didn't do any lasting good for anyone. I didn't even get the promised T-shirt for my donation.

The Sanity Inspector said...

BTW, stay safe this coming week, what with the war fears blowing around. I'm surprised to click in tonight and find you talking about Celine Dion. Admirable sang froid you've got, there...

GRRRL TRAVELER said...

OMG-- I LOVE this song! At times, it even makes me cry. ha ha... I wonder if Korea will accidentally play it somewhere. I'll miss not hearing it as elevator music in the stores. I

Roboseyo said...

I heard "happy christmas, war is over" in a shop the other day, so there's still a chance. :)