Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Commercials That Make Me Glad I Don't Have A TV

Even though I don't have a TV, and I only ever see TV peripherally or incidentally, passing a screen in a shop, sitting under one in a restaurant, or having it on in the background at girlfriendoseyo's house, I'm still sick of these commercials.

Catchy as hell, though.






Korea has a knack for odd commercials: not as that Japanese ads are plain and dull (check out this one), but TV ads are a serious theater of the absurd out here.

5 comments:

ZenKimchi said...

What I don't like about the Won Cashing ads is that it's for a company that supposedly is like a pay day loan scam--the kind that was at the forefront of last year's financial meltdown in America.

They've made loan sharking cute.

Gomushin Girl said...

there's something wrong with me . . . I think I actually understand the reason for the dancing elf dude in the xylitol commercial - he's supposed to be Finnish, since xylitol was originally derived from Finnish birch trees. Somebody should permanently bar me from wikipedia and google scholar . . .

DSW said...

Oh Jesus, that first one is ALWAYS on... and I don'y even own a TV. I see it every day at my girlfriend's.

The Sanity Inspector said...

The thing about Korean TV ads for me is that they seemed to be placed haphazardly. When my kids were watching Cartoon Network or Tooniverse, there'd be ads for life insurance, male urinary tract problems, and one I'm not sure what, but it featured lots of jiggly western bikini models.

The Sanity Inspector said...

Happy New Year to you & your readers, btw. Glad I discovered you this autumn.