Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Call for Translation Help...

Here's the skinny, dear readers: I need a hand.

My fiance's father will do a short speech on the day of the wedding, and my father will do wedding vows in English with me and Hyangju, during the wedding ceremony on Sunday, July 4. Because we'll have some guests who can't speak Korean, and some guests who can't speak English, I'd really like to hand out a program with an English translation of Hyangju's father's speech, and a Korean translation of my father's wedding vows and speech.

I'm sending this out to a bunch of my bilingual friends, because it's if I can find a bunch of people to help, I can just send one or two paragraphs to each person, and it won't be a big burden on anyone.  After I've gathered the parts back up, girlfriendoseyo and I will put them back together.

The translation doesn't have to be 100% accurate - it's a wedding, not an academic essay, so a "quick and dirty" translation will do - and I'll take the English translations and work them together so that they have a style that flows nicely, and Girlfriendoseyo will take the Korean translation of the English parts, and edit them so that they have smooth style as well.

If you help us, Girlfriendoseyo and I will take you out for dinner sometime and we'll eat something really nice, our treat of course, in appreciation.  Or I'll totally pimp your website, or tell my readers to buy what you're selling, or whatever.

If you're willing to donate a bit of your time in exchange for my gratitude, a bit of fame, and maybe a pint or two at wolfhound's, or some other delicious place, please e-mail me as quickly as possible at Roboseyo@gmail.com

Thank you, my wonderful readers and friends.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi^^
you can send me also a copy. I'll try to help.

Roboseyo said...

how should I contact you?

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to translate some Korean into English - I'm not in Korea so you can't buy me a drink, but I've got a decent amount of free time at the moment anyway and I need to keep my translation skills sharp! :)

seamus_walsh@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

angelicalou_esguerra@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

here' s my email. u can send it to me here and i'll try to do my best to help u ^^ angelicalou_esguerra@ymail.com

The Seoul Searcher said...

I'll do it for a mere linkswap, no dinner involved.

The Seoul Searcher said...

theseoulsearcher@gmail.com and you're my friend on facebook

T.K. (Ask a Korean!) said...

Fortunately, we had a bilingual pastor (a Korean man who graduated from Stanford in 1958,) who alternated Korean and English every paragraph.

Bonnie Heather said...

Have a wonderful wedding Rob. We're happy for you.