Monday, November 09, 2009

Mosquito Apocalypse


Anybody else bugged all night by mosquitoes last night? I noticed surprisingly few during September and October (usual skeeter season in Seoul), but last night alone I killed about eight (sorry 'bout that, Buddha), and everyone I've heard from so far has reported similar experiences.

Anybody else nervous about the mosquito apocalypse? Do you think they've just been laying low all September, to muster the troops for an attempt on humans for the place of primacy on planet Earth, or what's up?

Their attempt to move up the food chain sure didn't go unnoticed. Anybody know where I can get one of these?


By the way... Schwim just posted the funniest student drawing I've since... I couldn't even tell you.

6 comments:

Adam said...

I didn't have any problems with mosquitoes all summer. Now, it seems that my aptuh has a nightly mosquitoes drink for free after 9pm policy every night. We need a frost to kill the rest of these little buggers off.

조안나 said...

All summer they were on the prowl like crazy in my apt, but I hadn't had any for a good two weeks until one flew in last night... never did catch it too.. just dissappeared...

Skryfblok said...

Definitely experience the Mosquito Apocalypse as well here in Nowon, Seoul.

JIW said...

yea their a bit busy now. I attest it is due to the recent rains and warm weather.

Rebecca said...

We had a few of those net hats at one time. At night time, a mosquito net around your bed would probably be more effective. This year wasn't bad, but the other year I used packing tape to seal all the cracks around the window screens.
Word verification: bioterse -- now what do you suppose that means? A very short person? Short-lived?

Caryn Ouwehand said...

Rob, we sell those mosquito head coverings at the Nature Centre.