Saturday, February 07, 2009

Quick Shots: Andong and a funny text message

The Dali Post is in the works, but it's gonna be long and full of photos.

If you'd like to hang out with me and some blog pals, I'm planning a trip to Andong to eat the best food in Korea: Andong JjimDalk. See here for more gushing about Andong jjimdalk's perfect-ness.

Get in touch with me if you'd like to come; if you live in Seoul, and are willing to meet me on Saturday morning, I'll even reserve train tickets for you (you'll be paying me back though. Got it?).

If enough people want to come, we'll see what we can do about lodging, too.

Next:

I was feeling down a few days ago: end-of-vacation blues, plus grey skies, plus not accomplishing much this week, plus cracking my coffee pot, rendering my coffee-maker with its specially fitted and difficult to replace pot useless, does that for a fella.

So I sent a text message to a few pals, saying, "Hey. I feel blue. Tell me something to cheer me up." I got a pretty good response, but the best one was from my pal Evan, who is proving himself over and over again:

"An anagram for your name is Nude Hobo War."

And he's right. How he thought running my name through an anagram generator would cheer me up, I don't know, but that mental picture still makes me laugh.

So here: now you can find anagrams for your name, too. I don't know if they have a "sort results from funniest to least funny" option, but you can give it a shot.

Hope you get a few as funny as mine.


(ps: the only anagram that came up for Roboseyo was "Rosy oboe," but "Doucheburns" turned up "Crude hub, son" and "Sun bred. Ouch.")

4 comments:

JIW said...

Hey hope your a bit more cheerful. You won some golden kimchi didn't ya?

Anonymous said...

Hello~
I've been visiting your blog regularly to get more insight into the day-to-day life of residing in Korea. Great posts! Very amusing and educational too.
Wish I could email you or message you privately but not sure how to do that.
I'm diligently contemplating visiting Korea for a few weeks but sort of worried about lodging. I looked into the dorms at Yonsei and Ewha Universities but it looks like the spaces are filled up most of the time. Just wondering if you had any tips on searching for affordable housing. I've heard some horror stories about boarding houses for students that increased my anxiety. So just wondering if you could give me some advice.
Thank you.
Jennifer

Roboseyo said...

Hey there, Jennifer. there are two different ways to contact me listed in the "About me" sidebar.

Roboseyo said...

Thanks, Joy.