So here are the five best pictures I took during my trip. And ooh, brother, it's been hard getting it down to five.
(In no particular order, some of the pictures I think are interesting:)
Out the window of the all-night train from Shenzen to Guilain: the lit inside caught a reflection on the window, as a dark tree flashed by. I believe Matt actually took this picture, but it was on MY camera.
Trees in mist in the Longji Rice Terraces in Longsheng.
The Hong Kong Skyline, always a work in progress. From a walkway near Central Station.
A boat on Erhai Lake, near Dali City, Yunnan Province, South China
A skating couple at dusk in what I believe is Qian Hai Lake, Beijing, China.
And finally, you know Korea's left a permanent mark on you, and who you are, when you're on the Great Wall Of China, and you look around in awe at the mountain ridges and the amazing vistas, stunned by one of humanity's great engineering achievements, and you think, "Hey! I'm ought to commemorate this with a selca!" (Selca is an abbreviation for "self camera" -- picture of myself, taken by myself, a recently coined Konglish catchphrase.)
Don't forget: it's not too late to nominate blogs for the K-Blog Awards at The Hub Of Sparkle. Since I posted it, it would be a bit disingenuous to nominate myself in the various categories, but if YOU, my lovely readers, like my blog (hint hint) YOU are WELCOME (hint hint) to nominate my blog for various categories, as you see fit. (hint hint)
After all: what's the fun of the internet if you can't stuff ballot boxes from time to time.
The categories for the Klog Awards (or the Golden Kimchis) are...
- Best Overall Korea Blog, 2008
- Most Thought Provoking Korea Blog, 2008
- Most Current and Timely Korea Blog, 2008
- Most Helpful Blog to Expats in Korea, 2008
- Funniest Korea Blog, 2008
- Happiest Blogger, 2008
- Angriest Blogger, 2008
- Best Pop Culture Blog, 2008
- Best Culture Blog in General, 2008
- Best Food Blog, 2008
- Best Korea Photography Blog, 2008
- Craziest Comment Board in a Korea Blog, 2008
- Most Interesting Comment Board in a Korea Blog, 2008
- Best New Korea Blog, 2008
- Up and Comer - Blogger To Watch in 2009
- Best Post or Series by a K-Blogger, 2008
- Korea Blog Most Completely Taken Over by Obama’s Run To The Presidency, 2008