Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Backwards Day at Yahoo!

Yahoo published a "Ten Greatest Christmas Songs Ever" list...

that somehow included four of the Christmas songs I hate the most.

The bizarro christmas list had me shaking my head over and over and over: they got the number one song just about bang on... but from there it goes downhill like a Robin "When in doubt, go for the dick joke" Williams comedy routine when he's run out of good material.

If you can guess which four, you win a toaster.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mariah carey
wham
band aid

and

Paul McCartney?

Anonymous said...

It's hard to take a list seriously that not only leaves off Rudolph and Frosty, but somehow overlooked the classic "Batman smells" version of Jingle Bells.

I guess like the the countless meaningless award shows, we are now going to be submitted to an equally long number of bogus end-of-the-year lists.

It seems that some people just have too much time on their hands and haven't figured out any productive ways of spending it.

John from Daejeon

Unknown said...

That list was UK favorites. I've never heard some of them.

Ok Rob, I know that you hate Last Christmas (Wham!) and Wonderful Christmas Time (Paul McCartney). I'll guess the other two are the song by Band Aid, and also Bowie's rendition of Little Drummer Boy. I only chose that one becuase I personally loathe it.

Roboseyo said...

anonymous is the winner. Congratulations.

go out and buy yourself a toaster! Tell them Roboseyo said so.