Monday, May 26, 2008

A perfect marriage of music and video: Alice, by Pogo.

You've never seen Alice in Wonderland like this before. . .


The song is "Alice" by electronica artist Pogo, who used samples from the movie to make it. More about Pogo here.

One of my five favourite albums ever was also about Alice in Wonderland: "Alice" by Tom Waits. Tom Waits is one of those otherworldly artists who took a full three years to grow on me, but now that he has, I literally can't get enough. In my opinion, the greatest lyricists of the rock era were:

1. Leonard Cohen
2. Tom Waits
3. Bob Dylan

Here are two of the prettiest songs from Tom Waits' "Alice" album. The album is odd, funny, strange, wildly fascinating, lyrical and haunting, but these two are sure gorgeous.

Fawn: Melissa says the violin's bow needs more rosin.


I'm Still Here

1 comment:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

"In my opinion, the greatest lyricists of the rock era were: 1. Leonard Cohen 2. Tom Waits 3. Bob Dylan"

Excellent choices.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *