I'm cleaning up the prose in the sections (the favourite posts) that I've linked on the side, to make them a little more fit for strangers to read. I've been handing out my URL more often lately, so I may as well tidy my room before inviting more guests to come over.
If you're new to the site, welcome! The four or five posts after this one give a better sample of what to expect from this blog.
Amuse yourselves with this Korean baby singing "Hey Jude"
In the meantime. . . by reader vote (vote on the comment board):
do you want my next post to be about. . .
1. why the internet as it is now will not reach its full potential as an agent for social change
2. the silliest thing about Korean culture I've encountered so far
3. the most entertaining internet phenomenon I've encountered in recent times
4. why reading Lord of the Rings comforts me
5. the top five list of "Things I'd Change About Korean Culture If I Had A Magic Wand (that worked)"
6. how the internet is changing the music industry for the better, and the limitations of that change
7. why modern religion deserves Richard Dawkins
8. Korean movies you should track down and see. . .
aren't I just FULL of opinions!
it is one of the mysteries of Korean culture that these things from the west are inordinately popular here:
Hey Jude (hit play)
My Way (Frank Sinatra)
Anne of Green Gables
The Little Prince
That damn Titanic song.