Friday, December 28, 2007

Roboseyo lays a verbal smack-down!

There's this columnist in the Korea Herald (the English newspaper my school subscribes to.) I don't always agree with him, but he usually expresses himself very well and brings up worthwhile conversation topics. However, on Wednesday, he let all his conservative prejudices fly, clouding his normally sound expression. Here's a link to his column from Korea Herald online. He contradicts his own conclusion, and comes off as the same kind of knee-jerk ideologue that he criticizes in other of his articles.

Not that I'm personally invested too deeply in Korea's new president elect, nor the previous two administrations, but I was bothered by the hypocrisy of slagging the opposing party, and then calling for a more open dialogue in the conclusion. So I fired off a letter to the editor, basically calling him out for his self-contradiction. . . and they printed my response in today's Herald.

I'm pleased as punch. I bought an extra copy of the paper for posterity, and it's sure fun seeing my name in print!

I rock.

By the way: this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

1 comment:

bradj said...

I remember the feeling when I got a letter to the editor published in Maclean's. That was pretty cool! Though it was so long ago, I may as well be dwelling on that long end-zone pass I threw that should have been a touchdown way back in high school. (note: I never played football...)

However, for re-establishing dormant social connections, I rate it a solid "better than Facebook"! :-)

Congrats! Today, your name in print. Tomorrow the world! :-)